Requisition ID: 130587
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
In partnership with the Customer Insights Data and Analytics teams and our IT partners the Data and Analytics Technology team supports the banks Data and Analytics needs with tooling, projects and IT operational support.
The Senior Platform Engineer role will be responsible for the Platform designing, building, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting bank wide initiatives supported by Data and Analytics Technology. This consists of platform building, tooling, integration, process automation, platform enhancement, and delivery of new projects.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
- Explore emerging technologies in Analytics, Cloud and Kubernetes space that relate to our needs and implement those technologies in Hybrid environments.
- Install, Configure, Construct, and build highly available Kubernetes clusters on-premise and public cloud.
- Deploy, Test, monitor, administer, optimize and operate scalable clusters on premise and/or in cloud.
- Responsible for the overall health of the platform including production issues, Troubleshooting, monitoring system capacity using Grafana, working with other technical teams like server support, network, DR etc.
- Design, build & implementation of various containerized applications using Docker and deploy to Kubernetes Cluster using HELM Charts.
- Setup Splunk and integrate with Kubernetes cluster to monitor performance, health checks on k8’s cluster and troubleshooting application logs to generate alerts.
- Install, configure CEPH storage system and integrate with Kubernetes cluster.
- Setup Hashicorp Vault and Envconsul for secret management and Integrate with On-premise and Cloud Kubernetes cluster.
- Create projects, namespaces, allocate cluster resources, provision user and permissions, create configmaps, secrets and volumes for applications & allocate system resources based on the use cases
- Design, Develop and Deploy APIs for integrating the Kubernetes clusters with external systems
- Implement Disaster Recovery and BCP strategy
- Implement CI/CD process by designing industry standard Jenkins Pipelines for deploying Infrastructure and analytics workloads using Docker, HELM, Ansible, Bitbucket, Jfrog Artifactory, Airflow and other build and deployment activities
- Install, configure, upgrade Enterprise GitLab, Nexus, Jfrog Artifactory, administer them and standardize CI Process for all new onboarding
- Document all artifacts, share knowledge & work with change control, security, audit teams as required.
What you will Bring to Succeed:
- Experience on setting up Kubernetes or similar platform on premise/cloud (On-prem Rancher experience is a plus)
- Experience on deploying Apache Spark or web applications on Kubernetes
- Spark standalone implementation experience or Hadoop-Spark integration experience along with POSIX or HDFS or MinIO storage hand-on
- Experience with Docker is a must - including setting up and managing Docker registries as well as creating Dockerfiles to create custom images.
- Experience on Cloudera or HDP is a plus.
- Should have knowledge of overlay networking needed for inter-container communications from different nodes as well as external servers/infrastructure
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using GitHub, Artifactory and etc. to reduce cycle times and ensure quality.
- Experience automating systems deployments and configuration management using tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Saltstack.
- Must have virtualization experience like VirtualBox, Hyper-V, Docker, VMware etc.
- Strong scripting skills (i. e. shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ansible) for automation.
- Working experience with source control systems like Git.
- Exposure to working on cloud platforms like Azure/GCP/AWS
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Team player with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Self-managed and results-oriented with sense of ownership is required
- A university degree in Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Management or relevant.
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.