Chartwell Résidences pour retraités
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
Reporting to the Director, Operations Decision Support, the incumbent will contribute to the team through thoughtful analysis and reporting experience to ensure the success of departmental goals and objectives.
This analyst will support Chartwell’s operational business decision making team by providing accurate and timely reporting and analysis support related to Chartwell’s Canadian retirement communities. In addition, this role will assist in the development and subsequent monitoring of operational performance metrics.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Key member of Operations Decision Support team contributing to the overall support of our Asset Management, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Sales.
- Support the overall business plan of the Operations Decision Support team by understanding and being able to execute on the deliverables of other Analyst roles.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all areas and levels within the organization to ensure data is gathered efficiently and effectively.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly internal operational financial reporting using various tools (Excel, Word, B.I., Smartview).
- Working with Business partners and the Strategic Planning & Decision Support team in the preparation of the Operational NOI and Capital investment budget, forecast and spend.
- Working with the Strategic Planning & Decision Support team, contribute to the development and improvement and/or automation of:
- monthly and/or quarterly forecast process and the annual budget process
- occupancy, operational and capital investment reporting
- consolidated internal financial reporting
- key performance indicator reporting
- Support, analyze and monitor occupancy projections and quarterly average occupancy reporting.
- Participate in, and support the annual operational property NOI & Capital budget process.
- Data consolidation and validation.
- Organize & attend meetings related to our operational and capital investment budget process, prepare and print relevant materials in advance, take minutes and prepare minutes for distribution.
- Compose memos and other communications related to budget, forecast and reporting processes.
- Support budget working group activities to develop agreed upon timelines and ensure milestones are achieved.
- Review and analyze budgets for completeness and reasonability, explaining material variances.
- Preparation of review material presented to senior management and / or owners.
- Prepare and analyze occupancy, operational and capital investment projections and monthly reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of occupancy, operational and capital investment reporting for joint venture partners.
- Tracking of process improvements, and documentation of processes.
- Collaborate with external partners to assist with data collection and reporting when necessary.
- Provide support to the Information Services team for Hyperion applications and projects, as required.
- Prepare financial and business related analyses and research as assigned.
- Subject matter expert (SME) for leveraging Smartview Analysis.
- Adhere to corporate reporting policies, guidelines and timetables.
- Prepare ad hoc and what-if analysis as required and other duties and analysis as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Post-secondary education with preference to CFA, CMA, CGA, CA designations.
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting or analysis capacity, including financial analysis modeling experience.
- Preference for bilingual (French/English) applicants.
- Experience in seniors housing, healthcare or hospitality sector preferred.
- Experience with Oracle HyperionPlanning and Smartview are preferred.
- Knowledge of operational and/or financial accounting an asset
- Strong proficiency in excel is required.
- Contributes to building a positive team dynamic, and to support efforts to succeed.
- Ability to manage and validate large amounts of data, and translate this data into relevant business information.
- Proven analytical skills with a natural interest toward analytical activities and investigation.
- Aptitude toward systems and process improvements and re-engineering.
- Process improvement and/or automation experience in the planning and analysis area is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and the ability to present ideas in a user friendly format.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks; seeks help when needed.
- Ability to effectively transfer knowledge.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks; seeks help when needed
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Easily adapts to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Demonstrates Chartwell’s values of RESPECT.
- Flexibility in work hours will be required during peak periods, which may be somewhat unpredictable due to the nature of the team’s role