Chartwell Résidences pour retraités
Interested in a career that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others? One where you are valued and respected, listened to, and empowered to live up to your potential? If so, Chartwell Retirement Residences is the place for you.
We are always looking for empathetic, positive and passionate individuals committed to Making People's Lives Better. With over 200 residences across Canada, we have an opportunity for you that will make a difference in your life.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Accounting, Tax & Treasury, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities include overseeing the Tax Team, ensuring compliance with the Company’s income and indirect tax filings,
leading the quarterly tax provision reporting and assisting with various other tax projects.
- Review and prepare income tax provision for quarterly reporting.
- Oversee the tax team responsible for preparation of all Canadian tax filings, including income and indirect tax return filings.
- Lead execution of potential transactions and internal restructurings.
- Analyze and manage budget to actual variances for indirect taxes.
- Research and analysis on resident tax issues, resident indirect tax matters and payroll tax questions.
- Liaise with CRA, Revenue Quebec and other tax authorities to resolve income tax, commodity tax and payroll tax issues.
- Review details relating to CCA schedules, and other current deductions ensuring appropriate audit support.
- Provide tax support for projects as required.
- Ensure compliance with SIFT rules for income tax filings and quarterly tax reporting.
- Stay up to date on new legislative changes and ensure appropriately applied to tax filings and reporting
- Provide mentorship and development opportunities to tax staff.
- Timely, accurate, clear and to-the-point communication of tax information to leaders and other team members of the organization.
- CPA, CA with a minimum of 7 years of post-designated tax experience in public accounting firm or large company in industry
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth course, Level 1 and Level 2
- Experience with multi-entity structures and the taxation of trusts and partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and experience in managing and developing staff
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Strong organizational skills and pays close attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Real estate industry experience is strongly preferred