Requisition ID: 134726
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Security Analytics team within Scotiabank’s Information Security & Control (IS&C;) department is responsible for delivering IT infrastructure and security analytics to the IS&C; leadership team to enable active measurement and tracking of cyber security risks across the global bank and its subsidiaries.
As a key member of the Security Analytics team, the Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Application Developer will work with the team to investigate, define and document requirements for high-profile management-level dashboards and reports.
The senior developer will then assume responsibility for the design, development and implementation of suitable database objects, data integration (ETL) scripts, metrics, reports and dashboards to satisfy those requirements.
Is this role right for you?
- You’re a team player and have a proven track record of getting things done.
- You’re detailed-oriented and have a solid reputation of producing high quality deliverables. You enjoy working with large volumes of structured and unstructured data and thrive in data driven organizations.
- You’re passionate about data analytics and enjoy contributing to the end-to-end report development process, including:
- Investigating, defining and documenting the department’s reporting requirements and underlying data requirements;
- Researching and reviewing potential data sources and assessing data quality;
- Designing, developing and maintaining database objects (tables, views, stored procedures);
- Designing, developing and maintaining SSIS packages to integrate data from suitable data sources into the department’s data warehouse;
- Designing, developing and maintaining SSRS and Power BI reports and dashboards.
- You’re proactive and continuously seek to understand end-user requirements in order to implement effective data visualizations in new reports and enhance the quality of existing reports. You also seek opportunities to automate the most time and resource intensive processes related to data collection, validation, transformation, etc. to optimize the production and delivery of steady state reports using best practices.
- You’re a mentor and trusted advisor. You are recognized as a BI subject matter expert within the team and across the broader organization. You contribute to the maintenance and operations of the department’s Data Warehouse and BI environment (production and non-production). You help investigate and diagnose issues and ensure problems and defects are resolved in a timely manner.
- You’re curious and you enjoy learning.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have at 3+ years of experience as a Developer in Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence projects and assignments.
- You have 3+ years of technical hands-on experience with Microsoft BI technologies (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI Report Server).
- You have advanced data manipulation skills using Excel.
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with SQL and scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- You have some practical experience in Web design and development with ASP.NET framework using C# and VB.NET.
- You have some practical experience with Cloud technologies (e.g., Microsoft Azure).
- You’re able to effectively handle ambiguous, ad hoc tasks and changes in direction and priorities in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- You have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution.
What's in it for you?
- Our primary office in Scarborough is freshly renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Onsite cafeteria plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2.
- Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.